Friday, May 21, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...Ween

Ween is my fucking jam...so get used to seeing them on this "blog" (I hate that word...is there a different term I could use to describe this site?). This band is talented, hilarious, and completely insane. I must admit that some of their stuff takes a little while to understand, but they really are a band that grows on you. One of the things that I really like about them is that they cannot be defined by genre. Over the course of this...blog...I will post evidence to support this claim.

Today, I'll start off with some of their more accessible material. The first clip is from a TV show filmed in 1993. Dean Ween (guitar) had this to say about the performance:

"This is one of my favorite tv clips of us. 'Pure guava' was still a new record and we had just written this song. I think this is one of our last performances as a duo. This was filmed early in the morning and we were very stoned.
"

Ween "Freedom of '76" (Live on the Jane Pratt Show, 1993) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzYykIA1xVg&feature=related

The second clip I want to post is of Ween playing their tune "Bananas and Blow" at a 2007 show in New York. The lyrics tell the story of a lovesick man who finds himself stuck on the beach with nothing but copious amounts of bananas and cocaine.

Ween "Bananas and Blow" (12/1/2007 Terminal 5, New York City) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY2cvXw2BnE

The last Ween track that I'm gonna post today is just a completely ridiculous studio outtake of a song called "Boys Club". Its just a fun tune that doesn't make much sense but for some reason never gets old.

Ween "Boys Club" (Shinola, 2005) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0lKVFcTZoA

Here are the youtube links for now, I will get some mp3 downloads up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment